Each September, the residents and Trustees of the John C. Proctor Endowment gather for a private dinner celebrating the anniversary of the John C. Proctor Endowment Home. In 1906, Peoria philanthropist John C Proctor opened the Proctor Home with just 20 residents. Mr. Proctor’s vision was to establish a senior living home to provide high-quality, worry free living. In 2013, after many years of growth and expansion, Proctor Home announced it would be known as Proctor Place. For the past 109 years and for many years to come, we will continue to honor the legacy and vision of John C. Proctor by offering the finest independent living options with a private nursing care facility available only to Proctor Place residents.