Assisted Living Peoria IL | Your Family Will Love Proctor Place
As we all grow older, it becomes more and more challenging to take care of ourselves. Some people lose the physical or mental capacity to perform day to day tasks. And while this situation is unfortunate for anyone to go through or witness, there are options for care. Assisted living in Peoria IL is one such option and might be the right choice for you or your loved ones. However, it’s essential to pick a living facility that supplies all the necessary amenities and has a track record of excellent service. As such, Proctor Place is one of the top choices for the Greater Peoria area.
Proctor Place has been home to the aging residents of Peoria since 1906. Founded by the philanthropist John C. Proctor, our retirement home has grown over the last century. We take family values seriously when welcoming and caring for residents. Not only do we offer a place for those wanting to live somewhere more central for the remainder of their lives, but we supply top-notch care to those needing more assistance in their later years. We don’t believe in providing a place to settle, but rather helping our residents grow, improve and thrive with our available healthcare and amenities.
What’s the Right Time? | Assisted Living Peoria IL
When deciding on assisted living Peoria IL families often struggle with determining the ideal time. Truthfully, deciding to transition into assisted living isn’t easy to do. Often, it’s a decision we must make for our parents, or our children eventually make for us. However, so you aren’t forcing your loved ones into a scenario where they don’t yet need assisted living, be on the lookout for the signs that care help may soon be necessary.
- Daily Activities Become Difficult to Perform
- Simple actions such as getting up from a chair, rising from bed or going to the bathroom require little work to perform. However, if you notice loved ones having an issue with these daily functions, they may need further assistance. Assisted living centers have staff who help residents go about their day, and function to the best of their ability.
- Memory Loss Becoming More Severe
- Forgetfulness is often a common issue for any individual getting older. However, with diseases such as Alzheimer’s or dementia, memory loss can become too severe to leave alone. Such memory loss can cause loved ones to forget to take medication, leave irons or burners on, forget to use the restroom and more. Many assisted living facilities (such as Proctor Place) can provide focused care for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Depression Begins to Set In
- Sometimes, after the loss of a partner or loved one, an individual can lose motivation and let depression set in. In such cases, it can become increasingly clear that your parent or family member may need more attention than you can provide. For instance, they may need the care assisted living can offer. The Proctor Place facility includes plenty of activities, social events and amenities to help keep our residents engaged and in high spirits.
What Proctor Place Offers
If you’re still on the fence about choosing Proctor Place for your assisted living needs, see what we offer in the way of living, amenities and healthcare at our facility:
Moreover, we take special care when assisting those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, helping them adjust to the disease with grace and dignity. Our other healthcare incentives include onsite physicians and full nursing staff, so to ensure you stay both physically and mentally well.
Visit Us Today
If you’re interested in what more we can offer as a facility, stop by Proctor Place today. Our numerous amenities deliver the type of assisted living Peoria Il families are proud to provide for their senior family members. You can contact us at (309) 685-6580 to schedule a tour or private meeting. Also, we are located at 2724 W Reservoir Blvd, Peoria, IL 61615.