Residents are invited to attend “Sounds of Joy” as they perform a concert in the Proctor Place auditorium.
Music of all kinds is good for the body, mind and soul. According to an article in USA Today, music has many suprising health benefits. According to various research, music can:
- Ease pain.
- Improve sleep quality.
- Help people eat less.
- Enhance blood vessel function.
- Reduce stress.
- Relieve symptoms of depression.
- Improve cognitive performance.
- Reduce anxiety.
- Relax patients before surgery.
- Ease stress after surgery.
- Ease recovery in stroke patients.